1. Diễn Đàn Forum Lesh đã chính thức đi vào hoạt động.
    Ban Quản Trị mong nhận được những nhận xét góp ý từ các bạn.
    Mọi thắc mắc góp ý các bạn gửi tại đây.
  2. Các Bạn Đăng Kí Học Bù Ở Các Cơ Sở Ở Đây Nhé. CLICK HERE

Tieng anh cho nguoi moi bat dau hoc

Thảo luận trong 'Listening Skill' bắt đầu bởi vietnamhavn, 26 Tháng năm 2010.

1. vietnamhavn New Member

tieng anh cho nguoi moi hoc
  2. vietnamhavn New Member

How to use "make and do" in english

1. How to use "make" and "do" in English

It can be difficult to know when to use "make" and when to use "do". Here are some tips to help you make the right choice.

We use "make" for more creative activities:
    "She makes her own clothes."
    "He made a beautiful hat for the wedding."
    We also use "make" to describe functions of speech - what we are doing when we speak:
    You make
    … an offer (I'll pay you $500 for your car)
    … an appointment (Can we meet at 9 am?)
    … an arrangement (Let's meet at the station.)
    … a promise (I'll help you with this photocopying.)
    … a threat (If you do that again, I'll tell him.)
    … a compromise
    … a suggestion
    … a promise
    … a mistake
    … a decision
    … a point
    … a complaint
    … an excuse

There are also some "fixed expressions" with "make":
    "They made friends when they were at primary school."
    "He made fun of her new hairstyle."
    Other expressions are:
    … make a fuss
    … make a fortune
    … make money
    … make a profit / a loss
    … make a journey
    … make an effort
    … make progress
    … make a mess
    … make a telephone call
    … make a choice

One expression that uses either "do" or "make" is:
    make a deal / do a deal (I'll do it if you help me.)
    Using do
    We use "do" to refer to jobs, or responsibilties. These are often routine things, which do not involve much creativity or fun:
    "I do the shopping once a week."
    "He does the gardening every weekend."
    "We have to do a lot of work on the house."
    You also do:
    … your homework
    … the housework
    … a job
    … the paperwork
    … an exam

There are some fixed expressions that you can learn which use "do":
    "She does a lot of good in the community."
    "This chemical can do a lot of harm."
    "She always does favours for her colleagues." (Do someone a favour - help someone)
    Other expressions are:
    … do something well / badly
    … do your best
    … do something right / wrong
    … do the minimum / the maximum
    … do damage
    We all have to struggle and fail before we can succeed. You can't g

1. ED sound Ending (ex:experiecED)
    The rule of the "d" in three parts:

There is a one simple "rule" that covers the pronunciation of the "d" and "t" sounds.

The sound that indicates the past of the verb is the voiceless "t" sound when the verb ends in a voiceless consonant. On the other hand, the indication of the past is the voiced "d" sound when the verb ends in a voiced consonant.

The three parts of the rule are:

1. the voiceless "t" sound,
    2. the voiced "d" sound,
    3. the added syllable.

1. The voiceless (unvoiced) "t"

The "rule" tells us when the last sound of a verb is like that of the words talk, cap, mess, etc (that is, a voiceless sound), the past of the verb ends with a voiceless (or unvoiced) sound like that of the word walked. The past of these verbs is talked, capped, messed and the "d" is unvoiced.

For example the letter "d" that represents the past in the written word is pronounced like the "t" of Tom (a voiceless sound) when the verb ends in a voiceless sound. So when the verb ends in voiceless sounds such as the letters k in the word looked, p in the word stopped, f in the word cuffed (or gh in the word laughed) the past is indicated by the voiceless "t" sound. This always happens so don't be fooled by the written letter "d".

The past tense of the verb is also indicated by a voiceless sound when the verb ends in any "hissing" sound such as the words: face, wash, crunch. All these sounds are voiceless so the verbs that end with them will always have the "d" of their past form sounded voicelessly and therefore become the forms faced, washed, crunched.

It is important to note that although the voiceless "d" is written "ed", you do NOT add a syllable to the original word.
    2. The voiced "d"

The "d" is voiced in two situations:

a. when the word ends in a vowel sound such as, played, teed, owed, cued.

The "strange" vowels are also followed by a voiced "d" such as in the words: furred, papered, pawed. The past of verbs ending in a diphthong sound also end in a voiced "d" sound, for example in the words: plowed, paid, toyed .

b. when the word ends in a voiced consonant.

Some examples of the second case are: b as in the word robbed, n in the word drowned, l in the word mailed, g in the word logged, v in the word heaved, m n the word farmed, n as in the word panned, thesoundof the letters ng as in the word ring, r as in the word cars, v as in the word stoves, and thin the word bathed.

Remember that that the voiced "d" sound forms the past of verbs that end in a voiced consonant, for example, burned is the past of the verb burn and lovedis the past of love.

It is important to note that although the voiced "d" in these words is written with "ed", you do NOT add an extra syllable.
    3. The added syllable

In both cases, when the verb ends in either the sound of the voiced "d" or the sound of the voiceless "t", the English language adds a syllable to the verb.

For example, the verbs in the present tense visit, vote, side, need, plant, adopt, add "ed" to make the past tense and become visited, voted, sided, needed, planted, adopted.

The "ed" is pronounced with a special vowel followed by a voiced "d". The special vowel is the "short i" which has the IPA symbol of the small capital "i". We treat this sound in the book in the chapter on the short vowels. Remember a ship is not a sheep. You have to be able to hear the difference to be able to use this vowel in the added syllable.

It is only in this special case that you pronounce the second syllable of the past of a verb. Not all verbs have two syllables in the past. It is important that you realize that most common English verbs have only one syllable. Do not think that you have to pronounce the "ed" of the words such as walked, talked, played, tuned, tooled. Do not read these words as they were written in your language.

Although many verbs have "ed" in their past, it is just a strange note of English spelling. You often only pronounce one syllable with the past indicated by a voiced "d" or an unvoiced "t" according to which sound preceded the ending.

You only pronounce the "ed" when the root form of the verb ends with your tongue touching the back of your teeth, either with a voiced "d" sound or with an unvoiced "t" sound. For example, "Today, I heat the coffee but yesterday I heated it" (2 syllables because the last consonant is a "t"). But, "Today I talk to my friend but yesterday I talked on the phone." (one syllable because the last consonant is not a "t" or a "d")

The extra syllable: Listen to this as often as necessary for you to be able to distinguish the unvoiced "t" from the voiced "d".

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    *~~I know what I can know, and am not troubled about what I cannot know.*~~
    Last edited by OoSoOSwtJenna; Jun 8, 2008 at 06:10 AM.
    Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post Thanks
    3. Aug 2, 2008 12:15 PM #2
    OoSoOSwtJenna
    o View Profile
    o View Forum Posts
    o Private Message
    o View Blog Entries
    o Add as Contact
    o Send Email

Hello my name is Jenna.
    Just want to be HAPPY!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Continue....-ED sound ending
    It’s difficult to know how to pronounce 'ed' in English, because it’s pronounced in three different ways. It depends on the letter before; here are three examples:
    1: ‘id’ (like in painted 'paint-id')
    2: ‘d’ (like in ‘played’)
    3: ‘t’ (like in 'hoped')

The most important thing to remember is this:
    If the verb has a ‘d’ or a ‘t’ sound before ‘ed’ you need to pronounce ‘id’. If it doesn’t, don’t pronounce an extra syllable.

Be careful! It’s the sound, not the letter: ‘decide’ is pronounced ‘decide-id’ even though it ends in ‘e’, because we don’t say the ‘e’, so the last sound is ‘d’.
    So for example:
    wanted (want-id)
    ended (end-id)
    decided (decide-id)
    admitted (admit-id)
    suggested (suggest-id)
    recommended (recommend-id)

For the other two sounds it doesn't matter so much. Just make sure you don’t say ‘-id’! For example, 'stopped' is pronounced 'stopt' and never 'stop-id'.
    If the word before ‘ed’ ends in the sounds ‘p’, ‘f’, ‘s’, ‘ch’, ‘sh’, ‘k’, then ‘ed’ is pronounced ‘t’: So:
    ‘p’ stopped
    `f’ laughed
    `s’ promised
    `ch’ watched
    ‘sh’ finished
    ‘k’ walked
    For all other words, ‘ed’ is pronounced ‘d’:

allowed
    cried
    enjoyed
    cleaned
    imaged
  3. vietnamhavn New Member

He thong van pham anh van easy va Boi duong hoc sinh gioi THCS

Ha_Bui English PHẦN I

ôn tập kiến thức lớp 6 và 7

TENSES

Present simple
    S + V(s-es)
    (be): am- is- are S + don’t/ doesn’t +V1
    S+ am not/ isn’t/ aren’t Do/Does + S+V1?
    Am/Is/Are + S+…? veryday, usually, after school, never, often, sometimes, always, ...
    Present

progressive S + am/is/are + V-ing S+am/is/are(not)+V-ing Am/ Is/Are +S+V-ing? Now, at the present, at the moment, at this time, Look! Listen, !Be careful!. Hurry up!
    Give the correct form of these verbs:

1. The sun (set) ……………………………………………………………………………in the West.
    2. It usually (rain) ……………………………………………………………………………in the summer.
    3. They (build) ……………………………………………………………the buildings at the moment.
    4. Bees (make) ……………………………………………………………honey.
    5. They (get) ……………………………………………………………………on the scale now.
    6. The earth (circle) ………………………………………………………the Sun once every 365 days.
    7. Rivers usually (flow) ………………………………………………… to the sea.
    8. Don’t worry. I (give) ……………………………him your message when I (see) ………………………… him.
    9. Look! Jane (play) ………………………… the guitar. Hurry up! The bus (come) …………………………… .
    10. I (not talk) …………………………………………………… to her at present.
    11. How often………………………… she (go) ………………………… fishing?
    - She (go) ……………………………………once a year.
    12. .............. your friends (be)………………………… students?
    -Yes, they (be) ..........................
    13. ................ the children (play)………………………………………… in the park at the moment?
    -No, they aren’t. They (learn) ...................................... to play the piano.
    14. …………………….you (go)………………………….. to school on Sundays? – Yes, I do.
    15. My mother (cook) ………………………………………a meal now. She ( cook)…………………… everyday.
    16. What……………………… your mother (do)…………………………. at this time?
    - She (make)………………………………a dress.
    17. ............. she often (go)…………………………… to the cinema every weekend?
    18. I don’t know. But she always (go) ......................... to the church on Sundays.
    19. The students (not be) ........................................... in class at present.
    20. She always (wash) .................................... the dishes after meals.
    (do) ........................................... an exercise on the present tenses at this moment and I (think) ........................................... that I (know) ........................................... how to use it now.
    21. My mother sometimes (buy) ........................................... vegetables at this market.
    22. It (rain) ........................................... much in summer. It (rain) ........................................... now.
    23. Daisy (cook) ........................................... some food in the kitchen at present. She always (cook) ........................................... in the morning.

Các file đính kèm:

4. vietnamhavn New Member

Anh ve em tren cat'
    Anh hon em mot phat'
    Mom anh dinh day cat'
    Oi! Tinh yeu man chat' ( chua chat quaX_X)

Chia sẻ trang này